Friday, December 20, 2013

Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons, of Blueeeeeeee

Good Afternoon everyone! I finally got settled in at home after a brutal week of finals followed by work. I am happy to say that I made it out alive from finals week and I passed all of my classes. A huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders and now I can resume planning for my trip this May. Now please take a moment to listen to this song on Youtube and then continue to read my blog (my title should make sense after you listen to this): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElnfqLEshEk Believe it or not this is my little sister, Madison's, favorite Christmas song. My Mie-mie has this on a CD and she used to play it in the car when the girls where younger. For some reason Madi really likes it now and has it on repeat ALL THE TIME. I thought it was fitting for this post because I want to remind all of my Bel Air friends that you have until December 23, 2013 to place your gift wrap orders. Please remember there is no set fee, only give what you can or what you feel is appropriate to help support my journey to Tanzania. To set up an appointment call me - 4433075416 or email me - kjordan9416@gmail.com.
I would also like to bring your attention to a quote from one of my favorite Holiday movies,Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas: "He puzzled and puzzled till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. Maybe Christmas, he thought… doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps… means a little bit more!" This quote reminds us that Christmas isn't about presents, Christmas is so much more than that! Personally I feel that one meaning of Christmas is to help other people, whether it's by volunteering at a soup kitchen, "adopting" a family, or donating to a cause that you are passionate about. I ask you to consider donating to help support me on my trip to Africa. When you support me, you are supporting the many children that will be receiving medical care during my stay in Tanzania. To donate, click on the donate tab of my blog. That tab will have clear step by step instructions on how you can support me. Any amount helps! I hope you consider joining me on this journey. As always keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment