Sunday, December 8, 2013

'Tis the season........for finals, fundraisers, and passports

Good tidings my friends!

I have been in the Holiday spirit lately, so my blog post will most likely reflect that (hence the title). It's been a while since I have posted something. These past couple of weeks I have been busy doing last minute class projects and studying for finals this week. I am taking a quick study break and I figured I may as well update my blog. It's hard to believe how fast this semester went. It feels like yesterday, when I was nervously hiding behind my instructor while meeting my first patient ever in the hospital at clinicals. I feel that I have come a far way since that day and I am now a confident nursing student. This new confidence in myself gets me so pumped about my trip to Tanzania this May. Words can't even express how excited I am about traveling.

I got even more excited when my passport came in the mail. I was afraid I wouldn't get it in time, after hearing horror stories from friends, but I got it with plenty of time to spare. Not going to lie, I did not take the best picture lol, but it is a picture none - the - less and it will serve its purpose on my passport. The passport itself looks so official, I look like a "real world traveler" according to Mima.

Along with the excitement of my passport, I had even more excitement in the fundraising department. A couple of days before Thanksgiving I made fliers for my gift wrapping fundraiser. However when I got to Staples to make copies, Mima noticed that I spelled my name wrong! I could not believe it, I blame it on the blonde streaks that are present in my hair. Anywho we were able to fix it and the day after Thanksgiving I handed out the fliers to the houses in my neighborhood in Bel Air. I have heard a lot of positive feed back and it seems as if I will be wrapping alot this Holiday season! Keep a look out for my t-shirt sale sometime in January!!!

Welp, I have to get back to studying. To all my friends and family experiencing snowy weather, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment